Monday, November 17, 2008

BAKE SALE A HUGE SUCCESS!!!!

I am sorry it has been several days since the last post. Katie continues to go to therapy on Tues and Thursdays. She has frequent doctors appointments as well but she is doing well. The family is rejoicing at being all together at home.

The Bake sale was held Sat at the 5pm service and then between each of the services on Sunday. Thanks to all who came and helped man the tables, thanks to all the fantastic bakers, and thanks to all of you who bought the goodies. We made a phenomenal amount! Thrivent had already committed to matching up to $1000 thanks to Mary Wolfram and Kari Lovera who got the approval squeaked through at the last minute. The matching funds should not interfere with the trivia night because it is in 2009, next year!

So many people came by and expressed their love and concern for the Rideouts, the generosity and compassion were just mind boggling. I know our church always supports each other with prayer but to see the very real outpouring of physical support made me see what the Bible means when it says " Matthew 25:35For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'
37"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'
40"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.
'

To the saints at Salem....Thank you all

1 comment:

Todd and Mary Wolfram said...

He is a good God!

Just as reminder, anyone reading this is welcomed to make a donation to the Rideout Family Fund and take it to any Regions Bank. Specify it is for Kelly and Katie Rideout. If you are unable to contribute, you can pray!