Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Work, work, work

Wow! what a day. Katie got moved out of the PICU! yeah!!!!! Her new room is 3504 on the 3rd floor. It should be much quieter at night and more spacious for all those cards and stuffed animals. Now she can have balloons and flowers too!

The docs had their big meeting with the family. They are pretty much on the same page. The neurosurgeon told Kelly that there was a 15% chance of another stroke if they tried to do the brain biopsy. The really shook Kelly. There won't be a brain biopsy being done unless something really drastic changes. Listening to the docs discuss Katie really shook Kelly and she had a little time where she cried. Her brother and father gave her great support today. Kelly has been so strong through all this and today has been a really hard day for her. Prayers and hugs are definitely called for!

Katie is undergoing intense physical and occupational therapy. She is learning to brush her teeth and hair and put on her clothes mainly using her right hand. The docs said "physical therapy is going to work her ass off!" They want her in the hospital for at least another 2 wks of intense physical therapy.

Overall, lots of good stuff happened today for Katie but a really ruff day for Kelly

He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside quiet waters, He restores my soul
Psalm 23:2-3

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Hi, Katie! I know we don't know each other very well, but I miss having your smiling face in our music class. You have been so kind to me ever since I started teaching at your school. I have been in the hospital a lot with my son, Nicholas, and I know that no matter how nice everyone is there, you can't wait to go home! Well, we will save your seat in music class for as long as it takes. You and your family are in my prayers--and whether you are having a good day or a bad day, know that you are always right in the palm of Jesus' hand--he will NEVER let you go~
With love,
Mrs. McCord

WILDCATS said...

Morning Katie. We are all still praying for you and will continue to for a looong time. Stay strong and keep that fighting spirit. I look forward to seeing you again, everyone here at Salem misses you!

God's peace and strength.

MR A