Sunday, October 26, 2008

Good day had by all

Today was a good day. Kelly and Erin got to go to church. Kelly has said that church has given her such comfort and strength. Lots and lots of visitors has brightened Katie's day. They brought lots of love and laughter with them. She is going to be moved up to the rehab floor (5th) tommorrow. If you thought they worked her hard before, you ain't seen nothing yet! Katie has been up and walking in the halls. She is so determined to get back as much as she can. She was bummed to miss trunk or treat and I asked Kelly is it would make her sad or make her happy to see some of the kids in their costumes. Kelly thought Katie would like that so maybe this week you all could visit Katie in your costumes. Do a reverse trick or treat and bring her some candy?

I would like to organize a bake sale/donation and the date that make most sense is Nov 9th at church. Only problem is I am out of town that weekend. Anybody out there feel up to taking this on? If not we can always plan another date. I don't want it to be too far away as Kelly's bills are slamming home now.

That is all for today, sorry I didn't put a verse with the last post, won't happen again

They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint

3 comments:

Holloway's said...

would love to help out, that is a busy weekend for me also. I could bake a few items or pick up something from Sam's. Let me know how I can help.
the Holloway's

Holloway's said...

i love you katie, you rock, hope you get better soon so we can go to hsm3



love
brian

Todd and Mary Wolfram said...

November 9 is New Member Sunday! Better check with the church secretary about availability.

I'll start baking breads and making pizza dough and dinner rolls dough. I'll also include my infamous chocolate gooey butter cake (complete with recipe).